Innovative solutions will be required for the world to achieve its goal of limiting temperature change to 1.5 degrees from pre-industrial levels.
We believe that our “Near Zero Net Carbon Emissions” facility will be one of those innovative solutions, given that it will significantly reduce the overall carbon impact of the upstream feedstock we will be refining.
Some important features:
• Use of the best available technology and the highest possible operational efficiency to process Canadian resources;
• The highest amount of water recycling and treatment;
• Maximum recovery of carbon dioxide;
• The use of clean energy to power the refinery, including the use of wood-waste biomass;
• Capturing carbon from various processes
Our products will be of the highest environmental standard, and we will produce no coke. That’s important, as coke products are a significant source of greenhouse gas emissions associated with traditional refineries.
We will expect a huge reduction in CO2 emissions. As well, we will use carbon-capture technology.